Skip to main content

When a man says...

 

Otto von Bismarck

When a man says he approves of something in principle, it means he hasn't the slightest intention of putting it into practice. --Otto von Bismarck

Dignity consists not in possessing honors, but in the consciousness that we deserve them. --Aristotle

Be sincere; be brief; be seated. --Franklin D. Roosevelt

Reading maketh a full man, conference a ready man, and writing an exact man. --Sir Francis Bacon

What is the use of a house if you haven't got a tolerable planet to put it on? --Henry David Thoreau

There are two kinds of light--the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures. --James Thurber

The older I get, the greater power I seem to have to help the world; I am like a snowball - the further I am rolled, the more I gain. --Susan B. Anthony

Of all noises, I think music is the least disagreeable. --Samuel Johnson

I have been through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened. --Mark Twain

Destiny is no matter of chance. It is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved. --William Jennings Bryan



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The beginning of knowledge

  The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand. - Frank Herbert If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them. - Isaac Asimov The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance. - Socrates There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge. - Bertrand Russell To be conscious that you are ignorant is a great step to knowledge. - Benjamin Disraeli All men by nature desire knowledge. - Aristotle If a man empties his purse into his head no one can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. - Benjamin Franklin READ MORE  

If we had no winter

  If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant: if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome. - Anne Bradstreet, 'Meditations Divine and Moral,' 1655 In the spring time, the only pretty ring time, when birds do sing... sweet lovers love the spring. - William Shakespeare, As You Like It, Act V, sc. 3 [Spring is] when life's alive in everything. - Christina Rossetti An optimist is the human personification of spring. - Susan J. Bissonette Winter is on my head, but eternal spring is in my heart. - Victor Hugo To be interested in the changing seasons is a happier state of mind than to be hopelessly in love with spring. - George Santayana I have always thought the actions of men the best interpreters of their thoughts. - John Locke Change your thoughts and you change your world. - Norman Vincent Peale Except our own thoughts, there is nothing absolutely in our power. - Rene Descartes Make not your thoughts your prisons. - William Sha...